Text Workbench Update History
- Added date and time format specifiers to backup and target paths (see User Interface > Main Window Tabs > Storage Folders Tab in the Help section for details).
- Reverted back to more common application version number format.
Version 6.1, SR2, build 9
- Fixed an issue preventing the path exclude filters (e.g.
/folder/) from being applied to FTP paths.
- Fixed the display of FTP file names in simple file search mode: the display filenames didn't include relative file paths at all.
Version 6.1, SR1, build 3
- Ctrl+V in the search/replace text edit panes now behaves as usual.
Version 6.1, SR1, build 2
- Fixed a very rare issue hanging Text Workbench when the file's last character and the first one of the search text are equal.
- Text Workbench commands in Windows Explorer context menus now use shell extensions instead of registry entries.
- GdiPlus excluded from the installation file making it considerably smaller. Windows 2000 users may download GdiPlus here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18909 (KB975337).
Version 6.1, build 5
- Fixed inconsistency always showing the replacement confirmation dialog when run from command line.
Version 6.1, build 4
- Added the Expand All / Collapse All options to the match view context menu.
- The Next button now jumps to the next file's first match rather than the file itself.
Version 6.1, build 3
- Fixed error handling "@" in the FTP username and/or password.
Version 6.1, build 2
- A new option to control the way the underscore is treated when checking for whole word ("Options" > "Processing").
Version 6.1, build: initial
- A new option to control the UTF-8 BOM's in output files ("Options" > "Processing" > "Output").
- User filter selection in the file open dialog boxes is now preserved.
- Cumulative minor version update.
Version 6.0, build 6
- The RX Laboratory's "Sample Text" and Multiline Editor's "Load From File" functions might not work sometimes.
Version 6.0, build 5
- The Scenario Editor's "Import Strings" function now supports UTF-8 and Unicode BE files.
Version 6.0, build 3
- More secure storage of FTP account data.
- Fixed irregular bom issue.
Version 6.0, build: initial
- Introduced the notion of configurable file handling strategy.
- File size threshold parameter to switch between file handling strategies (Options > Advanced).
- Truly unlimited file size support. Process petabyte files easily - just have enough disk space.
- The much wanted FTP folder recursion.
- x64 version available.
- Introduced the FTP locations abstraction instead of awkward user:pwd@ notation.
- Whole Word Only option.
- Ignore Whitespace option (as a shortcut to checkboxes in the Options).
- Options to choose user interface fonts – for FullHD laptop owners.
- Exclude Subfolders option in the report context menu.
- Search and replace text in audio tags (mp3, ogg, ape, flac etc.).
- Search Wizard for novice users.
- Unicode BE (big endian) support.
- More positive match highlighting in the text editor window.
- Different shell registration strategy for pre-Vista and post-Vista Windows.
- Fixed the command line quotes issue.
- The report toolbar now shows the Save button instead of Print.
- MS Word service files like ~$…doc are now silently skipped.
- Numerous other fixes and improvements.
Version 5.1, build 110
- Minor Windows Script support fixes.
- Windows 7 compatibility update.
- Minor user interface fixes.
- Multi-language user interface. New interface languages: French and Russian.
- Checkboxes in scenario editor to quickly enable/disable commands.
- New versioning.
- Minor fixes and optimizations.
Version 5.0 SR9
Version 5.0 SR8
- New option to choose between passive and non-passive FTP semantics
(program Options -> FTP tab).
Version 5.0 SR4
- A service release; minor bug fixes.
Version 5.0 SR3
- Removed BOM from an UTF-8 HTML report .
- FTP port number can now be specified (e.g. ftp://ftp.com:911).
- TextWorkbench is now a native Unicode, pure XP/2003/Vista executable.
- User interface now supports entering symbols in all languages of the world. You can search for text in any language simultaneously.
- Importing search/repl. strings from files enhanced; tabular preview of CSV files.
- Conditions can now be assigned to scenario actions.
- Scenarios are now stored as binary bits rather than INI file, open very fast now.
- Collector can now create Unicode and UTF-8 files.
- Numerous minor fixes and optimizations.
Version 4.5 SR8
- Feature: action list in the Scenario Editor is now multiselect.
- Minor fixes.
Version 4.5 SR7
- Feature: current file path RX \Ppp now can insert sections of a path string.
- Minor fixes.
Version 4.5 SR6
- Feature: new RX operators to insert current file path and/or folder name.
Version 4.5 SR5
- Feature: line numbers in text browser (off by default).
- Fix: tab size in browser matches the one in editor.
- UTF-8 files without BOM are now recognised more wisely.
Version 4.5 SR4
- Fix: matches in UTF-8 files with 3-byte symbols are now displayed correctly.
- Feature: command-line option to rename folders.
- Back-up option is preserved between sessions.
- With renamer, files which remain unrenamed are not backed up.
Version 4.5 SR3
- Fix for collector COM issue.
Version 4.5 SR2
- Operator \x now supports wide unicode symbols.
- Button to select a single file for processing.
- Zero-hit scenario actions can now be excluded from the report.
- Various minor fixes.
Version 4.5 SR1
- Feature: now implements ActiveX object for use in Windows scripts.
- Option to edit and clear lists of recently used folders, search strings etc.
- Fix: fixed [...] operator inconsistency with UTF-8 and Unicode files.
- Back-ups copies are now created for modified files only, not for all.
- Various minor cosmetic fixes.
- Feature: search, replace, rename and edit files directly on an FTP server!
Requires broadband permanent internet connection.
- Option to prevent quantifiers (#,@,+,*) from spanning line breaks.
- Handling regular expression faults significantly improved.
- Added replacement operator/Zi to insert contents of any file in output.
- Set up for special folder in My Documents for storing configurations.
- File associations for configuration files and exported scenario files.
- Scenarios specified in configuration files are now auto-activated.